You're probably here for one of three reasons. You're: interested in planning your estate, considering taking on the role of a deceased's personal representative, or looking for Calgary probate lawyers.
And you have questions about probate in Alberta. We're here to help.
Below, you'll find answers to common questions about probate, Alberta probate law, Alberta probate fees, and more.
Probate in Alberta: A Complex Process
Carrying out your duties as a personal representative can be very demanding, except in the simplest of situations. Our job is to try to explain the requirements in simple, non-legalese language so you will be better prepared.
The following pages will answer most of your questions and clarify the process. Simply click on the links below for an explanation of the topic.
The information here is not intended to cover every detail of probate in Alberta, but to serve as an overview. Remember, it is not intended to be legal advice and should not be relied on for that purpose.
- Administrator of Estate
- Executor / Executrix
- Grant of Probate
- Personal Representative
- Testamentary Trust
- Testator / Testatrix
- Probate Law in Alberta
- Wills and Succession Act
- Estate Administration Act
- Surrogate / Probate Court Rules
- Probate Forms
- Probate Lawyer Services in Alberta
- Grant of Probate Alberta
- Grant of Administration Alberta
- Estate Tax / Probate Tax
- Estate Property / Assets
- Bonds – Probate / Surety
- Executor of a Will: What Do You Need to Know?
- Do I Have to Probate a Will in Alberta?
- How To Probate a Will in Alberta?
- Can I Probate a Will Myself (DIY)?
- How Long Does Probate Take in Alberta?
- Personal Representative (Executor): Should I Take the Job?
Executor (Personal Representative) Topics
- Executor (Personal Representative) Duties
- Executor (Estate Administration) Checklist
- Probate With No Will
- Two or More Executors in a Will
- Executor Refuses or Is Unable to Act
- Executor Who is a Beneficiary
- Executor Dies Before Testator
- Executor Not Paying Beneficiaries & Other Misconduct
- Executor-Beneficiary Conflict of Interest
- Executor Liabilities & Insurance
- Executor Accounting to Beneficiaries
- Executor & Estate Bank Accounts
How We Can Help
- Diamond Quality Advice at MerGen-Grown Prices, Affordable Probate Lawyers in Calgary.